When Hemingway founder Tony Luper set about his dream of establishing a ‘Savile Row of the North,’ he wasn't just talking about high quality bespoke and made-to-measure tailoring. One of the cornerstones of the Hemingway Tailors business model is great customer service, and we believe that those in the market for an expensive tailor-made suit deserve professional and courteous service. One of the attributes that set us apart from our competitors is our visiting tailoring service – but what is visiting tailoring and how will it benefit you? Read on to find out.
What is visiting tailoring?
The manufacture of a bespoke or made-to-measure suit can take a long time. Our expert tailors require numerous consultation periods in which we can get to know our customers. These consultation periods aren’t just about taking measurements and studying your gait, either – there are many more things we need to decide together before we can set about constructing your tailored suit. What are you likely to use it for – is it a one-off wedding suit, a suit for the office or a more smart/casual garment you’re likely to wear to numerous social functions throughout the year? You’ll need to choose your fabrics and linings, the cut and finish of your suit and provide input on numerous other style considerations. It’s a long process.
Traditionally, tailoring consultations are held at the tailor’s premises – the client would come to visit us on a number of occasions until the suit was complete. Here at Hemingway Tailors, however, we like to do things a little differently. Our visiting tailor service means that we’re prepared to come to you, rather than the other way around. We can meet you at a time and place of your choosing – we’ll even fit in evening and weekend appointments. Our clients find it far more convenient than having to fit us in around their busy schedule.
What are the benefits of visiting tailoring?
The benefits of our travelling tailor service are many, and we probably don’t need to spell them out for you. If you’re still unsure of the advantages, however, just take a look at these useful benefits:
- Tailoring outside office hours – You don’t need to try and fit in a visit to the tailors around your busy work life. We’ll come to you, at a time and a place that suits.
- Save on travelling – You’re already spending money on a tailored suit, so why worry about commuting into London or Leeds? Let us come to you instead.
- A stress-free experience – We often find that clients who come to visit us during working hours have their minds on other things, or feel that they have to rush back to work before we’re really finished. Cut out the stress and give yourself time to make all the right decisions regarding your bespoke suit.
- Familial input – It can be difficult to make all the right style decisions without someone to act as a sounding board on your behalf. Many of our clients like to hold their tailoring consultations at home, where spouses, partners and other family members can offer feedback and input on the style elements of their chosen suit.
- Convenience – The greatest and most obvious benefit of all is convenience. Why squeeze yourself into someone else’s schedule when we’re prepared to come and see you at a time that suits?